apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Phippard" <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subclipse 1.2.4, APR Lib Crash
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:01:19 GMT
On Dec 13, 2007 1:52 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Jack Hardcastle wrote:
> > Subclipse crashes Eclipse whenever I attempt any network-based action.
> > Update, commit, retrieve repo listing, etc.
> >
> > My C is a bit rusty, but to my untrained eyes this appears to be an APR
> > memory/socket glitch (?) .  I'm e-mailing to both addresses per
> > instructions at:
> >
> > http://subversion.tigris.org/bugs.html
>
> tigris should actually vet their reports first before escallating to
> APR, but essentially, you are right, there is a memory glitch, but
> this is undoubtedly attributed to a mistake in the pool or allocation
> scope in subclipse's source code, that socket was likely created in
> the wrong pool which was since destroyed.
>
> There is one edge case in older apr libraries when a certain threshold
> is hit, did this happen to occur only after extensive processing?

I am not aware of anyone from Subversion or Subclipse that escalated
this.  This is a known issue with a simple workaround:

http://subclipse.tigris.org/faq.html#win32-crash

Subversion 1.5 no longer uses APR-ICONV so this problem will go away with 1.5.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/