apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Iain Wade" <iw...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: apr_os_dir_put fixes
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:37:42 GMT
On 12/13/07, Iain Wade <iwade@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > If I depended on the existing flag, maintaining existing behavior of
> > apr_os_file_put would be tough.
>
> Hmm .. I think I'm confusing something else here. It doesn't seem correct.

Oh right, I remember now:

If apr_os_file_put defaults to no cleanup, and _ex does cleanup by
default, and later on _ex becomes the default - is it ok that the new
api has a behavioural change with the same signature?

It seems very fragile: how would anyone notice?

I'd be happy enough to change all the register_cleanup bool's to
flags, but what should I do with apr_os_pipe_ex?

leave it inconsistent or fix?
should the fixed one be called _ex_ex etc..?

--Iain