apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Iain Wade" <iw...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: apr_os_dir_put fixes
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 04:56:02 GMT
> > 2/ Create a new apr_os_file_put_ex function, which adds a register_cleanup flag.
>
> Why a bool?  We already pass a flags arg, why not a toggle bit?

I know what you mean, I was torn in adding the bool myself but chose to because:

I note that apr_os_pipe_put_ex already exists with a register_cleanup bool.

APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP is actually APR_FOPEN_NOCLEANUP which doesn't seem
correctly named for a non-open case.

If I depended on the existing flag, maintaining existing behavior of
apr_os_file_put would be tough.

The apr_*dir* functions don't accept flags yet, and if I add one then
the dir function would take a different flag - confusing.

> Interesting, I'll need to review this a bit.  Perhaps that should be broken
> out as a seperate patch, and 1 and 3 considered together, 2 considered on it's
> own (in conjunction with 1).

Sure, I'll get them over shortly.

--Iain