apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Two ways to solve PR40398
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 02:55:24 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> The multicast.c source is broken on win32 SDK's version 6.0 and later,
> which includes studio 2008.
>
> Win32 moronically defines the MCAST_ macros unconditionally, but declares
> the structures based on a minimum windows rev of WinXP.
>
> We have one saving grace, GROUP_FILTER_SIZE is defined only once those
> multicast filter structs are declared.  Question; is that macro portable?
>
> FYI - it's already broke, #if MCAST_JOIN_SOURCE_GROUP is bogus, that
> should have been #ifdef from the getgo.

Oh - I should have pointed out that for benefit of users attempting to
build httpd after it's release next week, I'd really like to promote
the "preferred" patch.  So please chime in which patch we should be
promoting.

A quick look at BSD shows no support.  Linux and Solaris both seem to
support GROUP_FILTER_SIZE - so my preference is for the 'cleaner' patch.