apr-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Clark <mich...@metaparadigm.com>
Subject Re: Extended Attributes Support
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 23:24:04 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Michael Clark wrote:
>> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>> I'd go for a subdir option (xattrs/solaris.c, xattrs/freebsd.c, etc)
>>> where the parent apr_xattrs.c in the unix directory just sucks in
>>> the correct implementation by ifdef tests...
>>
>> I went for this approach (as it was Davi's initial suggestion for
>> this directory structure also).
>>
>> It works. Only (minor) issue is the build-outputs.mk sources
>> dependencies for the files in the file_io/unix/xattr subdirectory
>> don't get generated.
>
> I'm confused, if file_io/unix/apr_xattr.c does
>
> #ifdef SOLARIS
> #include "xattr/solaris.c"
> #endif
>
> for example, how didn't it pick up the dependencies?  Are the defines
> broken at that phase?

gen-build.py only appears to generate source dependencies for
MODULE/ARCH/*.c and I have them in file_io/unix/xattr/SUBARCH.c

eg contents of build-output.mk:

file_io/unix/xattr.lo: file_io/unix/xattr.c .make.dirs include/apr.h
include/apr_general.h include/apr_errno.h include/apr_inherit.h
include/apr_file_info.h include/apr_user.h include/apr_file_io.h
include/apr_allocator.h include/apr_want.h include/apr_thread_mutex.h
include/apr_pools.h include/apr_time.h include/apr_file_xattr.h
include/apr_tables.h
OBJECTS_file_io_unix = file_io/unix/filepath.lo file_io/unix/seek.lo
file_io/unix/buffer.lo file_io/unix/dir.lo file_io/unix/filepath_util.lo
file_io/unix/copy.lo file_io/unix/tempdir.lo file_io/unix/mktemp.lo
file_io/unix/filedup.lo file_io/unix/pipe.lo file_io/unix/flock.lo
file_io/unix/filestat.lo file_io/unix/xattr.lo file_io/unix/readwrite.lo
file_io/unix/fileacc.lo file_io/unix/fullrw.lo file_io/unix/open.lo

is missing file_io/unix/xattr/solaris.c, file_io/unix/xattr/linux.c, etc

So modifying an implementation doesn't trigger a rebuild of xattr.lo