apr-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Clark <mich...@metaparadigm.com>
Subject Re: Extended Attributes Support
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:55:49 GMT
Michael Clark wrote:
> Davi Arnaut wrote:
>> Hum, I tend to prefer separate separate files having the #if to empty,
>> maybe in file_io/unix/xattr/ subdirectory. You can also put internal
>> headers in include/arch/...
>>
> OK. That is what I thought and had done this in the patches (although
> it is not yet in a subdirectory).
>
> I had them in file_io/unix/xattr/ they were not picked up by
> buildconfig and I wasn't sure where to tune this?

I've been looking at build.conf and gen-build.py

"...
# directories that have platform-specific code in them. the resulting
# pattern will be: SUBDIR/PLATFORM/*.c
platform_dirs =
  dso file_io locks memory misc mmap network_io poll random
..."

It doesn't appear to pick up source from subdirs of the platform - only
directly in the platform dir itself.

So I don't think I can easily do file_io/unix/xattr/*.c

It would probably need to be file_io/unix/xattr/unix/*.c according to
the rules above (as gen-build.py doesn't break out any of the unices
into platforms except for aix).

So without complicating this too much I think I can either have (what I
have now):

file_io/unix/xattr_darwin.c
file_io/unix/xattr_linux.c
file_io/unix/xattr_freebsd.c
file_io/unix/xattr_solaris.c

or perhaps make it a top level (which I think might be the way to go to
keep it tidy):

xattr/unix/darwin.c
xattr/unix/linux.c
xattr/unix/freebsd.c