apr-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Clark <mich...@metaparadigm.com>
Subject [Patch] Proposed Extended Attributes Implementation
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 06:58:27 GMT
Michael Clark wrote:
> I have been doing some work on implementing extended attributes
> support for apr.

> I'll send some initial patches soon. They still need a little work
> and some more test cases.

I've come up with an initial set of patches and a sample client application.

* Headers, build infrastructure and test cases:

autoconf auto-detects the xattr flavour and should compile out and not
impact platforms without support. If found, adds APR_HAS_XATTR to apr.h

http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apr-xattr-headers.patch
http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apr-xattr-build.patch
http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apr-xattr-tests.patch

* Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Linux and Solaris implementations

Test cases passing on all my installs of the above platforms (although
they don't yet test APR_XATTR_NOFOLLOW or attributes on directories)

http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apr-xattr-impl-darwin.patch
http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apr-xattr-impl-freebsd.patch
http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apr-xattr-impl-linux.patch
http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apr-xattr-impl-solaris.patch

* All-in-one patch (applies cleanly to trunk)

http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apr-xattr-all.patch

* apxattr - Utility to view/modify extended attributes on files

http://oss.metaparadigm.com/apache-privsep/2.3.0-dev/xattr-patches/apxattr.c

It may be a week or so before I get time to get a mod_dav_fs_props
implementation that use these interfaces (which i'll post to httpd-dev).
Perhaps also a nice patch for mod_autoindex xattr descriptions.

Any committers out there who would like to sponsor this?

Michael.