apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Subclipse 1.2.4, APR Lib Crash
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:52:38 GMT
Jack Hardcastle wrote:
> Subclipse crashes Eclipse whenever I attempt any network-based action.
> Update, commit, retrieve repo listing, etc.
>
> My C is a bit rusty, but to my untrained eyes this appears to be an APR
> memory/socket glitch (?) .  I'm e-mailing to both addresses per
> instructions at:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/bugs.html

tigris should actually vet their reports first before escallating to
APR, but essentially, you are right, there is a memory glitch, but
this is undoubtedly attributed to a mistake in the pool or allocation
scope in subclipse's source code, that socket was likely created in
the wrong pool which was since destroyed.

There is one edge case in older apr libraries when a certain threshold
is hit, did this happen to occur only after extensive processing?