apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr_os_dir_put fixes
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 04:41:37 GMT
Iain Wade wrote:

> Ok, I've got a new version of the patch attached.

You definately have the right idea, well done!  Comments below

> In summary:
>
> 1/ Create a new apr_os_dir_put_ex function, which adds a dirname field
> and register_cleanup flag.

IFF you agree with my comments on 2) below, is there an advantage to an
extensible flags arg, with the same flag bit for this function?

> 2/ Create a new apr_os_file_put_ex function, which adds a register_cleanup flag.

Why a bool?  We already pass a flags arg, why not a toggle bit?

> 3/ Create a new apr_dir_name_get function which returns the directory name
>
> 4/ Re-factor apr_(file|dir)_open to use apr_os_(file|dir)_put for consistency.

Interesting, I'll need to review this a bit.  Perhaps that should be broken
out as a seperate patch, and 1 and 3 considered together, 2 considered on it's
own (in conjunction with 1).