apr-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Clark <mich...@metaparadigm.com>
Subject Re: apr_os_dir_put fixes
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:19:45 GMT
Michael Clark wrote:
> Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:
>> I don't know if dir_cleanup should be registered to handle the
>> cleanup of
>> this apr_dir_t (I'm against it). I got the apr_os_dir_t from some place
>> else, I should manage it's death manually.
>> If I want to let APR call closedir() on this object I can register a
>> cleanup function for it on the same pool, manually.

If there was a newer interface added, it might be nice to have an
'owner' argument in addition to dirname and let it register the cleanup
if it is owner.

Otherwise it is not possible to get apr_dir_close to work on one of
these dirs as dir_cleanup is static and can't be registered manually
from outside or apr - so you a forced to get lazy cleanup only.

View raw message