apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr_os_dir_put fixes
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:44:47 GMT
Iain Wade wrote:

> It has the drawback of altering the apr_os_dir_put() function to
> accept an extra argument (dirname). I don't know your policy of stable
> interfaces, but I haven't really been able to find any other users of
> this call in my searching.

Irrelevant, our versioning policy is really clear (and becoming more
pedantic <shrug/>).

http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html

If you look, you'll find some _ex() flavor functions.  These are the
byproduct that we can add a new facility to 1.3.0 (which is still in
development) and cannot modify an existing one.

_ex() flavors tend to go poof when the original is marked @deprecated
and the new _ex() flavor becomes the 'normal' flavor in 2.0.0, which
is some ways off.