apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Patch] LDAP SSL support for Tivoli
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 17:48:45 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:

> An alternative scheme might introduce some type of apr_ldap_t that
> could drag along references to this kind of information between calls.

When the APR portability layer was devised, rather than wrapping the
entire LDAP library, only the "problem" functions were wrapped,
basically ldap_init(), and ldap_set_option().

This makes the LDAP library significantly smaller and easier to manage,
but the side effect is that the opaque LDAP structure needs to be
maintained.

In theory we could introduce an apr_ldap_t that publically exposed LDAP,
but again, that is a v2.0 change.

It may make things a lot easier though.

Regards,
Graham