apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Patch]: Add basic function to APR for LDAP rebind callback support.
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 15:53:20 GMT
Paul J. Reder wrote:

> I addressed the comments and haven't heard back from anyone
> (Bojan or others). I can't commit to APR and can't commit the
> Apache portion until the APR part has been committed. I know
> folks were busy with the latest APR update... Has the dust
> settled?

Looking at this in more detail.

It took me a while to figure out exactly what the rebind code was trying
to do (as opposed to generally knowing what it does), and it seems to be
"an implementation of a callback mechanism able to take advantage of the
LDAP referral callback feature".

Or in other words, use of this particular API is optional, someone using
the APR interface may choose to use this particular implementation, or
they may choose some other implementation of their own.

Based on this, I think the API should all be in a namespace like
apr_ldap_rebind.

Looking further, unless I am missing something, I think this could
probably be significantly simplified.

In theory, the apr_ldap_set_rebind_callback() function can be called by
apr_ldap_xref_add(), hiding apr_ldap_set_rebind_callback().

In theory, there should be a way to register a pool cleanup for
apr_ldap_rebind_remove() as well.

I have updated the patch, which is attached - will this do?

Regards,
Graham