apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Trawick" <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Showstoppers to apr release(?)
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:22:58 GMT
On 10/15/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Here's my list of open issues which should probably be determined before
> we roll out 1.2.x, I was hoping we were further along than this on Unix
> in particular;

Are you asking if these are regressions since the prior 1.2.x release
(what I would call "showstopper"), or planning for these to be
resolved before the next 1.2.x release whether or not they existed
before (what I would call "nice to resolve, but not worth holding up
the needed fixes")?

If the only showstoppers for the next release are

* regressions since 1.2.previous (that we developers know about, that
are represented by bugzilla issues, or are exposed by test programs)
* failure to correct apr's hand in application issues on Windows with
1.2.previous
* maybe some other issue I don't know about

then I'm willing to invest considerable time in the 36 hours to check
for *regressions* on some AIX 5.x level and HP-UX/PA-RISC 11iv1, and
report and perhaps even fix what I can find.

With less certain criteria (end date), I'll continue to pitch in a few
minutes here or there when practical.