apr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Lotspeich <e...@lotspeich.org>
Subject Usage of apr_pool_note_subprocess()
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:33:49 GMT
Hi all:

I know that this is a library usage question, but there appears to be only
one mailing list: the developer list.  I hope that you don't find this
question to annoying or tedious; I haven't been able to find the answer
anywhere else.

I believe that apr_pool_note_subprocess is the correct function for what
I'm trying to do.  I have some processes I've spawned from my Apache
module and I want to kill these processes when Apache quits.  I called
apr_pool_note_subprocesses() with arguments of the process pool
(s->process->pool where s is a pointer to server_rec), a pointer to the
process structure and APR_KILL_AFTER_TIMEOUT for the "how" argument.
When I stop Apache, my processes are still running and have not been given
any signals.

Is there something I'm missing here?  Is there a better way to accomplish
what I want?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'd love to help out if there are any documentation efforts
underway to improve the completeness of the documentation for libapr.

Regards,

Erik.