apr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Lotspeich <e...@lotspeich.org>
Subject Re: I need some advice on how to use APR!
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:28:10 GMT
Hi Fei Zheng,

Like you, I am learning the APR API.  APR seems to be an excellent,
well-tested, robust, and well-written library.  I have found it it
difficult to learn the library due to lack of complete documentation --
especially for the non-trivial features.

I would recommend the following sources of information:

"The Apache Modules Book" by Nick Kew (ISBN-13 9780132409674)

The libapr tutorial:

The doxygen documentation from the source:

There are still some parts of the library for which there is a dearth of
documentation.  For that, my hope is to post questions here to obtain the
answers to my questions.

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, fei zheng wrote:

> Glad to connect with you, apr team?
> I'm a Chinese student majoring Computer Science and I have just started to
> learn the APR of Apache. But I found I'm confused about how to start, how to
> merge this tool into my own project. So I hope you can give me some
> advices.Thank you!
> And it will be very nice of you to point out the possible mistakes I have
> made in this mail.
> --
> "Be fresh and eager every morning, Tired and satisfied every night."

View raw message