apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interprocess semaphores and read/write locks
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 16:29:17 GMT
Hi Lucian,
> As of now APR only supports interprocess locks and shared memory.
> I'd like to add interprocess semaphores and read/write locks to APR,
> but I only know how to do this on Linux/Windows.

> Is there any interest in such a feature and if yes, can somebody with
> knowledge of other architectures say whether or not such features are
> implementable on those other platforms?
I can say that NetWare supports semaphores; this is from semaphore.h:

int sem_init     ( sem_t *sem, int pshared, unsigned int value );
int sem_destroy  ( sem_t *sem );
int sem_getvalue ( sem_t *sem, int	*sval );
int sem_post     ( sem_t *sem );
int sem_wait     ( sem_t *sem );
int sem_trywait  ( sem_t *sem );
int sem_timedwait( sem_t *sem, const struct timespec *abstime );

You should explain a bit more what APIs you propose to implement, and what they can do then;
that would help in getting feedback....

Guen.