apr-dev mailing list archives

From Learning apr <learning_...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: How can I debug libapr-1.dll, libaprutil-1.dll?
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:04:20 GMT

Hello William,

Thank you so much!

I also see the files: libaprutil-1 (Exports LIbrary File) and libaprutil-1 (Object File Library).

Some people told me I can create lib file by the command:

lib /machine:i386 /def:libaprutil-1.def.What are differences between them? or are they same
by using different ways?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

> Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 01:50:07 -0600
> From: wrowe@rowe-clan.net
> To: learning_apr@hotmail.co.uk
> CC: dev@apr.apache.org
> Subject: Re: How can I debug libapr-1.dll, libaprutil-1.dll?
>
> Learning apr wrote:
> > Thank you for your replying. I still have some questions I inserted them into your
email.

> >> Now you need the symbols (.pdb files) that were created by whomever rolled up
> >> your application.  Those allow you to unwind a crash dump, set breakpoints,
etc.
> >> For example, libapr-1.pdb should be placed in the same dir as libapr-1.dll.
> >
> > Sorry,  I still do not understand how to create a *.pdb file? Could you please explain
it in detail?

> Exactly, the person who BUILT the .exe and .dll files got .pdb files along with
> it, maybe they shared them with you in the package; maybe they set them aside
> and have them available for download (httpd does for it's distributions) and
> maybe you can request them.  Otherwise, you are SOL.
>
> >> Once you load up your application, and attempt to do *anything* with the apr
> >> dll's, it's going to ask you for the path - point it to the source files you
> >> had unpacked in the first step.
> >>
> >> Better idea though is just to build libapr/libaprutil yourself.  Sources of
the
> >> latest release are at http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/
> >>
> > Can I build  libapr/libaprutil with Visual studio 2005? After building, can I get
DLL and LIB?

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx