apr-dev mailing list archives

From Learning apr <learning_...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: How can I debug libapr-1.dll, libaprutil-1.dll?
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 07:15:39 GMT

Thank you for your replying. I still have some questions I inserted them into your email.

> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:44:11 -0600
> From: wrowe@rowe-clan.net
> To: learning_apr@hotmail.co.uk
> CC: dev@apr.apache.org
> Subject: Re: How can I debug libapr-1.dll, libaprutil-1.dll?
>
> Learning apr wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My own dlls depend on libapr-1.dll and libaprutil-1.dll. I doubt there is something
wrong with those two dlls. How can I debug them?
> > I will use visual studio 2005.
> >
> > How can I integrate the source code from libapr-1.dll, libaprutil-1.dll to my source
code?

> Three more steps (you have binaries, right?)
>
> unpack the -win32-src.zip file that corresponds to the exact version installed.
> (File - Properties of the .dll through windows explorer will give you version
> information).  http://archive.apache.org/dist/apr/ contains these packages.

I undertaood this step.

> Now you need the symbols (.pdb files) that were created by whomever rolled up
> your application.  Those allow you to unwind a crash dump, set breakpoints, etc.
> For example, libapr-1.pdb should be placed in the same dir as libapr-1.dll.

Sorry,  I still do not understand how to create a *.pdb file? Could you please explain it
in detail?

> Once you load up your application, and attempt to do *anything* with the apr
> dll's, it's going to ask you for the path - point it to the source files you
> had unpacked in the first step.
>
> Better idea though is just to build libapr/libaprutil yourself.  Sources of the
> latest release are at http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/

Can I build  libapr/libaprutil with Visual studio 2005? After building, can I get DLL and
LIB?

Explore the seven wonders of the world