apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: How can I debug libapr-1.dll, libaprutil-1.dll?
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 20:44:11 GMT
Learning apr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My own dlls depend on libapr-1.dll and libaprutil-1.dll. I doubt there is something wrong
with those two dlls. How can I debug them?
> I will use visual studio 2005.
>
> How can I integrate the source code from libapr-1.dll, libaprutil-1.dll to my source
code?

Three more steps (you have binaries, right?)

unpack the -win32-src.zip file that corresponds to the exact version installed.
(File - Properties of the .dll through windows explorer will give you version
information).  http://archive.apache.org/dist/apr/ contains these packages.

Now you need the symbols (.pdb files) that were created by whomever rolled up
your application.  Those allow you to unwind a crash dump, set breakpoints, etc.
For example, libapr-1.pdb should be placed in the same dir as libapr-1.dll.

Once you load up your application, and attempt to do *anything* with the apr
dll's, it's going to ask you for the path - point it to the source files you
had unpacked in the first step.

Better idea though is just to build libapr/libaprutil yourself.  Sources of the
latest release are at http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/