apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Votes] Apr candidates in /dev/dist/
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:04:57 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 11/19/2007 12:38 AM, Bojan Smojver wrote:
>>
>> Both apr-0.9.17 and apr-1.2.12 fail SHM tests:
>>
>> 0.9.17:
>> -------------------------
>> starting consumer.....
>> starting producer.....
>> Name-based shared memory test FAILED: [2] No such file or directory
>> Name-based shared memory test FAILED: [2] No such file or directory
>
> That's a bug in the test. Just ensure that the test subdirectory is in your PATH
> such that testshmconsumer and testshmcontributor can be executed.

Yes; see the recent changes in Makefile.win to see where we set up PATH= to the
corresponding binary subdirectories.  Of course if you cross compile, these
simply can't work.

>> Given that Ruediger already committed patches for both of these, it
>> would probably be best to roll again.

apr-util 1.2.12 is on it's way.  I have one build failure as I had jumped to an
older nmake+older cmd.exe, my path-hack to work out the users' APR_PREFIX etc on
win32 doesn't behave as it did on server 2003+modern nmake, failing to then run
the test/ Makefile.win build properly.  Grumpf.  Should be an hour or few to get
that right (started it back in Atlanta), thanks for the loan of the wireless usb
dongle, Issac).

> I haven't commited for testdate so far. I just wanted to hear some other opinions
> especially on the patches to apr_date_parse_rfc as I couldn't believe that these
> bugs have not been found in a function that has not been touched for such a long time.
> So please comment and I commit or adjust.

Amazing how long a bug can live unnoticed, eh?