apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Votes] Apr candidates in /dev/dist/
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:19:41 GMT
Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2007 11:26 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> Please provide your input to release.
> Ubuntu 7.10 kernel 2.6.22-14, x86
>
> Details:
>
>>    [-1] APR-1.2.12
> on the first run:
> testshm             : FAILED 1 of 6

Correct; this is not a regression, not a showstopper, but a new illustration
of an existing bug.  We may remove the shm backing store, and destroy the shm
object (or let it clean up) but it will attempt to re-remove itself.  It's
illustrating the bug, no patch was forthcoming, I'm considering it closed until
the next go-around with release 1.2.13.

> testsock            : //bin/bash: line 1: 23623 Segmentation fault
>  (core dumped) ./$prog

Yuck - have a backtrace of the core?  This is usually indicative of strange
configurations of the IP stack, win32 used to be notorious for such things.

> afterwards only the first error ON EVERY RUN; testsock seemed fine, I
> can only hope it core dumped because of the test that failed before.

Not for the shm test; but it sounds like we failed to check the rc of some
specific test.

>>    [+1] APR-0.9.17
> Not a showstopper from my POV:
> starting consumer.....
> Name-based shared memory test FAILED: [2] No such file or directory
> starting producer.....
> Name-based shared memory test FAILED: [2] No such file or directory

No - those are fine, no regression.

>>    [-1] APR-util-1.2.11
>
> gringo@lethe:~/aprtest/apr-util-1.2.11$ ./test/testall -v
> testdate            : |Line 188: expected <Mon, 27 Feb 1995 20:49:44
> GMT>, but saw <Tue, 28 Feb 1995 04:49:44 GMT>
> FAILED 1 of 2

I /believe/ this is a failure in the test.

> testxml             : |Line 68: expected <2>, but saw <0>
> FAILED 1 of 1

Ick - which expat?

> testxlate           : SUCCESS
> testrmm             : SUCCESS
> testdbm             : |Line 175: expected <2>, but saw <0>
> FAILED 1 of 1

Ick, which db?

> testqueue           : SUCCESS
> testreslist         : \-|/-|\-|/-|\-|/-|\-|/-|\/            [[ and
> deadlocks here forever (>3 min == infinity) ]]

Reslist is broke, I did mention this in my post.  I'd possibly consider
rerolling tomorrow afternoon if someone wants to fix this test (not it's
original implementation on 1.2 either - that was equally horrid).

I'd also entertain rerolling after removing testreslist from the list of
tests, altogether.

> Creating configure ...

As far as these are concerned, I have no desire to fix.  I think that's
a good thing to focus on trunk for the next minor bump.

Bill