apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Showstoppers to apr release(?)
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:56:03 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2007 12:38 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> Here's my list of open issues which should probably be determined before
>> we roll out 1.2.x, I was hoping we were further along than this on Unix
>> in particular;
>
> Are there still showstoppers for rolling 1.2.12?

Thank you for raising the question, I was spinning around talking to folks
at AC about any issues they were aware of.  It's Paul's desire to actually
fix sendfile/darwin if the solution is obvious, and it may be (use sendfile
but detach either hd or tr vectors).  AFAICT it's otherwise ready.

I simply need to understand dynamic dbd/dbm, decide that my patch to win32
and netware was fair, or if we need 2-tiers (APR_HAVE_DBFOO, APR_BUILD_DBFOO)
to solve the built-in or dso-loadable modules and passing provider triggers
on the compile line.

It will roll tomorrow, if only to ensure httpd has something good to work with.

Bill