apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Clean break for DYLD now?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:37:05 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2007 3:55 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> FWIW - this is how apple built to 10.5's /usr/lib ...
>
> Huh?
>
> % uname -mrsv
> Darwin 9.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0: Tue Oct  9 21:37:58 PDT
> 2007; root:xnu-1228~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
> % ls /usr/lib/*.dylib | wc -l
> 314

nm /usr/lib/libapr-1.dyld | grep dl
U _dlclose
U _dlerror
U _dlopen
U _dlsym

similarly look for dyld (NS) and none of those api's are used.

But by default we will compile to the dyld API (and see a bunch of
warnings that the API is deprecated).  There's definitely a difference.

> I have *no* idea what this thread is even about.  Can you please give
> us some context or something?
>
> And, APR trunk seems to work fine on 10.5 AFAICT - matching what Aaron
> reported.  So, I'm at a loss to even comment on the sendfile issue you
> obliquely referred to.  -- justin

Did you try 1.2.x?  Nope.  It's fine because I added an implementation of
sendfile, do this on 1.2.x and it breaks (sendfile() resolved, no impl.)

We don't test sendfile by default.  Within APR (trunk), simply...

$ cd test
$ make
$ ./sendfile server &
$ ./sendfile client blocking

and you'll see how either the kernel library or the implementation (or maybe
even the test) is broken.

Bill