apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Rossi <bob_ro...@cox.net>
Subject database independent connections
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:43:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm a newb with database connections, so forgive me if this is a simple
question. I'm looking into using the dbd routines to open connections
to a database. The routines are here,
  http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.2/group___a_p_r___util___d_b_d.html

I want to know if this interface allows me to easily swap out the
underlying database so I don't get stuck using a particular database.
Say perhaps, could the same code use mysql, oracle or db2?
Also, how does sqlite play into it?

I'm looking for high level advice on how to design software that needs
to open connections from different sources using the apr API.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi