apr-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r587240 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/include/apu.hnw
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:25:50 GMT
Bill,
> Guenter Knauf wrote:
>> one question though: if I build the drivers as DSO then I think I need to
>> build libapr-util itself without these defines, but the drivers need it -
>> or am I missing something? If so how do we deal with that then?

> I reread your question and I'm confused.  If you build linking to
> libgdbm, for example, and define APU_HAVE_GDBM, then why would you
> NOT want to define that to 1 while building apr-util?
I meant if I want to build apr-util without f.e. APU_HAVE_PGSQL = no pgsql driver, but instead
want to build the driver separately as a DSO module...
In this case telling a developer in apu.h with "APU_HAVE_PGSQL 1" that libapr-util has pgsql
build in is wrong; but nevertheless I need to define it when I want to build the driver itself.

Guen.