apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucian Adrian Grijincu" <lucian.griji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: some simplifications for the Netware apr_thread_create code
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:18:20 GMT
On 10/14/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:
> > On 10/14/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> >> Just forewarn - // isn't portable, please don't litter :)  More than happy to
see
> >> /* */ style comments.
> >
> > Sorry for being ignorant :). I'll try to remember that.
>
> I wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't the #2 most common mistake, right after
> using tabs instead of spaces :)  I know - MS spoils us by calling their C++ compiler
> a C compiler ;-)

Well, this file is VERY "tab" littered.

> > I think someone with Netware experience should review this code.
>
> Yes, if you weren't aware, patch is very tolerant of # comments, so you can attach
> your patch with something like...

I wasn't, thank you very much! (Truth be told, APR is the only open
source project I've contributed to and I know I still have much to
learn :)

OK, I've attached a patch, but I really feel awkward submitting a
patch for something:
a) I haven't compiled
b) I haven't tested
c) I have no experience working with it
d) I couldn't find any useful information about on Google/Koders
(apparently apr, apache MPM and a "gthr" project are the only known
open source projects that use some of these functions).

I hope this is the most blindfolded patch you'll ever see from me.

BTW, is there fear of goto amongst APR devs? I've gotten used to the
Linux kernel coding style and use it where I see fit. I've seen it is
used in some places inside APR, but if you don't like it I'll clean it
up and resubmit (I haven't found on
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html any goto related
reference).

--