apr-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Showstoppers to apr release(?)
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:17:58 GMT
Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:

>>> No clue yet - if anyone has a box, help is appreciated.
>> HP offers free HP-UX accounts (among other platforms) as part
>> of their TestDrive program:
>>
>>   http://www.testdrive.hp.com/
>>

> Their systems are as bare bones as possible.
> tar doesn't support compression (well at lest not gzip).
> no libtool
> ./buildconf dies because there's no python and the telnet connections
> are despicable.
>
> You can only upload with ftp (5.8 kB/s).

When I signed up I asked their sysadmin to set up ssh. He was
quite responsive and helpful and set up both ssh and sftp. They
still work. He also set up GNU make on machines that didn't have
it. More recently, the compiler team started installing the aCC
betas on the machines and making them available to beta testers.

Maybe they'll be open to adding even more software to make the
systems even more useful -- I know they are very interested in
getting people to play there. It sure would be nice if they had
svn installed.

Martin