apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: some simplifications for the Netware apr_thread_create code
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 15:56:51 GMT
Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:
> isn't this why they invented comments?
>
> why [...] when you can do:
>    return x; //and place a witty comment here?
>
> saves a cmp and a jump.

Just forewarn - // isn't portable, please don't litter :)  More than happy to see
/* */ style comments.

In your patch the adjustments are good at first glance, if none of the netware folks
look at them I'll catch up soon.  You might want to create an apr 'small code cleanups'
tracking bug, and drop these in as (individual!) attachments for easy review.

>> The compiler can't care less if you compare (rv == 0) or (!rv),
>> it optimizes it the same way.
>
> What !rv? i don't wanna do the comparison at all.

:)