apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Newbie]apr_file_perms_set implementation on windows
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:21:13 GMT
Prakash Reddy Bande wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is apr_file_perms_set implementated on windows?

Nope - it won't be...

> Do, I have to set any particular compiler option to build the apr
> library or my application, or it is just not implemented. I am using
> apr-1.2.7. Will upgrading to a newer version solve the problem?

Trouble is, APR isn't limited to pretending to be unix (we would have
just used mingw if that was the case).

The API you are looking for is ACL support.  And it's not just win32,
but HP has needed this for the longest time, and now linux has caught up.

You'll probably need to look further down the road, likely 1.4 or 2.0.
It's non-trivial so I'm taking bets that we are ready to release 1.3
(lots of good features there already) before we are ready with a truly
portable ACL implementation.

And yes - when/if it arrives, it will be as portable as the rest of APR.

Bill