apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: compile failure in server/util_ebcdic.c, due to native iconv needing charset string "ISO8859-1"
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2007 02:00:44 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On 10/5/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> I really wonder, if z/OS is so crippled, if we shouldn't simply
>> recommend using apr-iconv?
>
> that's a lot of punishment for not supporting "ISO-8859-1" ;)  users
> of apr apps can't use the same transformations that they use with
> other apps (ftp, telnet, and everything else)

Recommend isn't punishment (demand might be ;-)

But my question is, if this is unrecognized, the default iconv is likely
to have other deficiencies.

I will be rolling apr 1.2.1 shortly based on win32 build fixes, and would
encourage any patches which make it easier to (optionally) build this on
unix and derivatives.