apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [vote] apr 1.2.x win32 compatibility
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 08:14:03 GMT
> On 10/5/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>> Eric, w.r.t. to your patch to httpd, keep it, as behavioral changes
>> to apr 1.2 appear to be out of the question.  PLEASE consider committing
>> or submitting your patch to 1.3 to make default timeout behavior the same
>> for Win32 as for Unix.

And in fact this statement was primarily out of frustration with short-
sightedness.  In fact, if you do patch to adjust the default timeout,
we have the API already that the user can (and probably already does)
explicitly override the default.  So if you would bounce your suggested
patch off of us, I'll be happy to review it to be certain that the user
can recover the previous win32 behavior with the usual API.

I think that's possible with your desired timeout change.

Bill