apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Time for new apr-* releases soon? Corrections inc for .vcproj conversion
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 06:06:41 GMT
I know folks just cleared up a ton of bugs, and not that many problems
remain in 0.9/1.2 branches.  But if you see any that you would like to
have fixed in the next couple days, please dig in.  I've got only one
thing keeping me from rolling out some release candidates...

The last several weeks I've been pretty deep in x64 and VC 2005, and
should have the 'appropriate' changes to the .dsp files wrapped up over
this weekend.  Have *finally* stumbled upon the best logic that makes it
much easier for folks to open up these projects in VS2005 (the first with
a 'free' flavor) and ensure it-just-works, including the x64 model.

Obviously, the win32 community is clamoring for a new release with fixes
to the "problems" they encountered with the prior release of apr.  As we've
reverted the 'problem' the fcgid community encountered (they stand on notice
to address the change before apr-1.3 starts showing up), and solved the issue
the modperl community has encountered for almost a decade, a new release
soon would be goodness.

So I'll be offering up those patches over the weekend and would like to
offer to T&R early next week for all to enjoy.  Just prodding, if anyone's
looking for an excuse to pick off other bugs in the next few days.

Bill