apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [vote] apr 1.2.x win32 compatibility
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 02:28:07 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> Revert.  New Macros are new APIs, and must wait for 1.3.x.

Ok, as people are totally missing the point, that I was calling a vote
for a modest versioning rules change that was in the spirit of both the
versioning rules and of the portability principal...

I've reverted, vote withdrawn.

End of 1.2 behavioral corrections, as least from me.

Eric, w.r.t. to your patch to httpd, keep it, as behavioral changes
to apr 1.2 appear to be out of the question.  PLEASE consider committing
or submitting your patch to 1.3 to make default timeout behavior the same
for Win32 as for Unix.