apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Henry Jen" <henry...@ztune.net>
Subject Re: ApacheCon US
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:43:23 GMT
On 10/5/07, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Henry Jen wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> ApacheCon US is a month away, and this year I get to attend the event, yeah!
> >>
> >> Wondering if there is going to be a hackathon or some sort of activity
> >> for APR/APR-util developers to get together?
> >
> > I would sure like to see it!  Since Tuesday gets busy with several special
> > events, who's up for trying to be there on Monday?
>
> I'll be around... I would like to hammer out the APR Events stuff that
> davi commited to a branch, and merge it into trunk:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/branches/evenset/
>
> Anything else people would like to see?

I will be around as well.
What I would like to discuss is a few changes to apr_uri to be more
accurate to RFC 3986 compliant, particular for the path support.

Per RFC 3986,

URI           = scheme ":" hier-part [ "?" query ] [ "#" fragment ]

hier-part     = "//" authority path-abempty
                 / path-absolute
                 / path-rootless
                 / path-empty

I am expecting file:./tmp/tnt.pdf to get a scheme "file" and path
"./tmp/tnt.pdf", but I got:

henryjen@hammerhead:~/prj/test/c$ ./apr_uri_test file:./tmp/tnt.pdf
Parsing file:./tmp/tnt.pdf ------------
  scheme:           n/a