apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: APR on Leopard (works, but has issues)
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:32:58 GMT
On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 05:12:10PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Bad news:
>
> 1) The autoconf code that selects the int_value and long_value aren't
> consistent for all three architectures (ppc/i386/x86_64). It should be
> choosing long_value="long long" but it's picking "long" instead,
> probably because that would also be correct on my i386/x86_64 machine.
> That'll need to be fixed.

How would you expect that to work?  configure will run tests which
generate a build environment which will be correct for a single
architecture.  If you want to build an APR development environment for
three different architectures you're going to end up having to build it
three times.

(FWIW, if you are attempting to vary the compiler ABI choice it should
be done by using CC="cc -foo" rather than adding flags to {C,LD}FLAGS)

joe