apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: PATCH: md5 hash files not portable between EBCDIC and ASCII
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 06:12:05 GMT
André Malo wrote:

> Ew. Don't confuse MD5 crypt with MD5 hashes. For password usage MD5 crypt is
> *much* better than simple SHA1 hashes.

I'm not; I'm saying they are the same number of bits, so likely equally
decomposable?  But my first argument remains; if we break the expected
behavior, we instantly render all previous generated hashes irreconcilable.

So it really seems like an apr-1.3 change, if that, and httpd-2.4/3.0 if
that was what the poster was getting at.

Bill