apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: APR tagging (Was: Re: Am I hitting the list?)
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:51:14 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2007, at 3:35 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Steven Nairn wrote:
>>>
>>> The "testfile" failure on win32 is in test_gets_buffered() because
>>> read_with_timeout() (in file_io/win32/readwrite.c) does not correctly
>>> report end of file when the file is opened with the APR_FOPEN_XTHREAD
>>> flag.
>>>
>>> The fix is to check for ERROR_HANDLE_EOF in read_with_timeout()
>>> (attached patch).
>>
>> Very nice catch, this is applied to 0.9, 1.2 and trunk now.
>>
>> Thank you again Steven!
>>

> Bill, are you planning to retag 0.9 with this fix? I know
> I need to hold off on httpd 2.2 until the new 1.2 tag, but
> if you are planning to also retag 0.9, I'd prefer to
> wait until you do so for httpd 2.0...

As Mladen pointed out, we want to finish reading at EOF (e.g., we want
those last bytes).

I'm trying to figure out -where- they are.  The IO Completion status
calls aren't telling me anything just yet.

I'd hope to have this wrapped around noon... still fighting.  I know
you are anxiously waiting to tag (although I'm frankly really glad you
didn't - apparently this is one holiday weekend when folks found allot
of enthusiasm for hacking at things long orphaned ;-)

Bill