apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Problem with pool integrity check for apr threads
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:04:30 GMT
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 04:40:50PM +0300, Tacalau Daniel Stefan wrote:
> - apr_pool_check_integrity will assert at the ownership test  for
> apr_thread_exit
>
> The problem is that apr_thread_exit destroys a pool allocated on another
> thread. This pool is created in apr_thread_create and is the pool in
> which the thread resources are allocated. Of course this pool cannot be
> created in the thread that will start, but in the parent thread.
>
> So the thread trying to do destroy in apr_thread_exit does not have
> ownership of the pool. apr_thread_exit must be called from the thread
> who wants to exit since it calls pthread_exit.
>
> How should I deal with this problem?

I guess this is one part of the pool-debug code which never got tested!
This can be fixed either by some convoluted hack to change the pool
ownership after apr_thread_create(), or simply by moving the thread
creation later in apr_thread_create().  The latter would be simpler.
Can you file a bug on this in bugzilla?

joe