apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573063 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.2.x: CHANGES INSTALL.MySQL build/dbd.m4 dbd/apr_dbd_mysql.c
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 23:02:36 GMT
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:33:13 +1000
Bojan Smojver <bojan@rexursive.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 17:07 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
> > I'm just pondering, does this violate our ABI rules?

Don't see why.  The symbol, as with other drivers, is a build-time
option (and with 1.3 dynamic loading becomes a runtime option).

> Possibly. On the other hand, people that have been plonking the MySQL
> driver and compiling the result (for which we provided the harness)
> would have had that problem already.

Zigackly.

> We can avoid the problem (to some extent) by not detecting/compiling
> MySQL driver by default,

Aha!  Yes, I think that was the plan when we discussed dropping the
mysql driver in.  Default it to off in the build, and alert users to
the fact.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/