apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573063 - in /apr/apr-util/branches/1.2.x: CHANGES INSTALL.MySQL build/dbd.m4 dbd/apr_dbd_mysql.c
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 22:33:13 GMT
On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 17:07 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I'm just pondering, does this violate our ABI rules?

Possibly. On the other hand, people that have been plonking the MySQL
driver and compiling the result (for which we provided the harness)
would have had that problem already.

We can avoid the problem (to some extent) by not detecting/compiling
MySQL driver by default, but the moment someone turns that feature on
(whether in 1.2.11 or in previous versions by adding the driver),
they'll face the same problem.

--
Bojan