apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Huelsmann" <ehu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commercial Projects using APR
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:44:59 GMT
On 8/30/07, Haworth1234@aol.com <Haworth1234@aol.com> wrote:

> I know this is a loaded question, but I'm concerned about using APR too
> early in the life cycle, as my clients would be concerned with application
> reliability/stability.
>
> Would you be able to point me to any other "evidence" that APR is "ready for
> prime time?"
>
> Thanks for your help, and especially for your rapid response!!  :)

*The* http server (Apache) has been using it since the early days of
2.0 (it's at 2.2 and a lot of years later now).

Also, Subversion is using it. More and more businesses are adopting
Subversion as their version control solution. It's been stable for
many years now (even though it's still 'only' numbered 1.4).

HTH,

Erik.