apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucian Adrian Grijincu" <lucian.griji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: project using apr
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 14:00:53 GMT
http://cs.pub.ro/~ixlabs/?page_id=134

LKLFTPD and LKL

LKLFTPD is a FTP daemon that can run standalone or linked to LKL
(Linux Kernel Library).

The Linux Kernel Library is a port of the Linux kernel that can be
used as a library (for example Linux processes are currently simulated
with APR threads).

Any non-static function from the kernel can be called from
applications linking to the LKL. This is currently used to read
ext3/minixfs/other Linux specific filesystem images through the LKL
and transfer files through FTP to a FTP client.

The next version of the LKL will be transformed into a windows
filesystem driver which will basically mean we'll get all the code
from the Linux kernel that parses ext2/ext3/whatever filesystems
integrated into windows. Changes made to the Linux kernel (support for
new filesystems, bug fixes in the current implementation of filesystem
drivers) will be automagically integrated in the LKL filesystem
driver, thus bringing new functionality to the Windows platform and
ultimately making life easier for dual-booters out there :).

Anyways, that's the plan. Currently we HAVE a multithreaded FTP daemon
implemented.

--
Lucian Adrian Grijincu