apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Commercial Projects using APR
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 21:04:27 GMT
Haworth1234@aol.com wrote:

> I know this is a loaded question, but I'm concerned about using APR too
> early in the life cycle, as my clients would be concerned with
> application reliability/stability.
>
> Would you be able to point me to any other "evidence" that APR is "ready
> for prime time?"

The best evidence probably consists of the httpd webserver, which has
used APR as the basis for cross platform support since httpd v2.0 a
number of years ago.

Other high profile projects like subversion also make heavy use of APR
for their cross platform support.

APR has been around for many years, and has been ready for prime time
for a long time.

Regards,
Graham