apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Roll 0.9.15 this week?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:34:46 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2007, at 3:06 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>>
>> On 08/13/2007 07:38 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>> Jim's spearheaded an effort to release httpd-2.0.60 and we've
>>> discovered a set of socket issues that need to be corrected by
>>> apr-0.9.15.
>>
>> How do we plan to address these? Like in 1.2.x by reverting the
>> backports (which seems to make sense to me given the comments
>> in r473681, http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=473681)?
>> Or should we backport r447894?
>> I am happy to proceed either way with a preference of reverting.
>
> That would be my pref as well...

+1.  I raised an objection when this first went in that changing the
"contract" was iffy.  Our entire versioning rules were based on the
fact that once you have a specific major, minimum .minor - that's it.
Your app is safe.

It's a nice idea in 1.3, but since it's causing issues, simply revert.

Bill