apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Will apr_dbd_mysql be distributed with apr?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:25:53 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> And indeed we have *exactly* such a deal.  Whatever doubt there may
> be over the applicability of the GPL or the FOSS Exception to us,
> MySQL has helpfully published Appendix A to their FOSS exception,
> *explicitly* permitting APR/APU to be distributed under ASL.
> That is a clear and unambiguous yes.

We do?  Reread the appendix; I believe their appendix is (paraphrasing)
your OSS license, when distributed as *source*.

> I think there remains one concession here.  The build should default
> to --without-mysql, so that people don't link it unintentionally.

+1 - because of the with-source copyleft encumberance.

We aught to ask MySQL to interpret; if they don't consider it a derived work
due to binding (especially when we link 2, e.g. sqlite + mysql) then I hope
to proceed