apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Will apr_dbd_mysql be distributed with apr?
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:09:45 GMT
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:52:30 +0200
Joachim Zobel <jzobel@heute-morgen.de> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Since niq has dual licensed it, with one license being Apache 2, this
> should be possible.
>
> If this is not yet planned it should be considered, since the fact
> that it is missing has caused problems for lots of people.

Sorry, should've followed up to this straight away.

I relicensed the apr_dbd_mysql driver six months ago.  Basically
  (1) MySQL have explicitly excepted it from the GPL requirement.
  (2) Debian had raised it as an issue, so I resolved it with them.
See http://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2007/01/09/re-licensing-apr_dbd_mysql/

I recollect the ASF in the past being unable to include it due
to the GPL. But Joachim pinged me before posting, and suggested that
the problem should no longer apply after the license update.
And I couldn't fault his argument: it's no longer clear to me that
there's any problem with including it.

For the record, I'm happy to assign ownership to the ASF
and I'd like to see it included.  I could reiterate here that
I'm totally flexible - as I said to Debian (recorded in
http://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2006/12/18/apacheaprmysql-packaging/ )
and that led to the license change they needed.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/