apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Will apr_dbd_mysql be distributed with apr?
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 21:47:39 GMT
On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 21:09 +0100, Nick Kew wrote:

> I recollect the ASF in the past being unable to include it due
> to the GPL.

Wasn't the other problem the fact that if this driver got included,
people that decided to redistribute APR-util under a non-FOSS licence
(i.e. proprietary) could be doing so illegally (unbeknown to them), as
their software would then link against MySQL, for which they would need
a commercial MySQL licence and ASF wasn't cool with exposing its
licensees to such a risk with the software it ships?

PS. I personally would like to see the driver in APR-util.

--
Bojan