apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Derek Gottfrid" <de...@codecubed.com>
Subject dbslayer
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:22:43 GMT
I loath to make an announcement. I am a long time lurker but thought
this might be of interest to some.

nytimes.com has developed a piece of middleware - dbslayer -  that
sits between your mysql databases and applications. It takes http
requests and returns mysql results encapsulated in JSON w/ a few
additional features. It makes extensive use of apr - threads, sockets,
queues, memory pools, etc. We use it in a high traffic production
environment and have recently open sourced it -
http://code.nytimes.com/projects/dbslayer - the feature set is
expected to grow but even it's current state we have found it very
useful.

Thanks to APR for such a great abstraction layer, most of the core
code was created in a very short time and we have only run into one
odd issue (portfs on solaris inside apr_pollset_poll).

thanks,
derek