apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucian Adrian Grijincu" <lucian.griji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apr_filepath_encoding on Darwin
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:31:45 GMT
APR holds everything in locale encoding on UNIX and UTF8 on Windows.

As far as I know UNIX system calls must accept *locale* strings, not
an arbitrary encoding (be it UTF8 or other). This may be Mac related,
could you point out exactly from where you deduced that strings passed
to "stat()" must be UTF8 ... that's a mighty large document to digest
:)

--
Lucian